Internships can be a great resource for students as they begin to weigh their career choices and continue to develop technical and soft skills important in the workplace. However, every internship experience is different, and it is important to decide what you are looking for in an internship.
Aersys Inc. is a fast-paced technology startup and interning at a startup can be both challenging and rewarding. We are looking for students who are passionate about what they do and never back down from a challenge. As an intern at Aersys, you will be given real problems and the flexibility to make real decisions. Because we are a startup, you will have an opportunity to influence the direction of the company and work directly with higher level management. We believe this is the best way to give interns a valuable experience and help them develop practical skills in business, marketing, software, and engineering.
2019 Summer Internship Application - ALL TRACKS
REGULAR DEADLINE: March 15th, 2019, 11:59 PM
EXTENDED DEADLINE: March 31st, 2019, 11:59 PM
Please give yourself 15-30 minutes to complete this application. You must submit a 1-2 page resume (PDF only).
2019 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
This internship is open to students who are enrolled or plan to enroll full-time in an accredited four-year university. Interns are not financially compensated during this program; however, the program is structured to have a strong traditional and experiential learning component. Throughout the summer, interns will be involved in a series of projects, usually led by one of our full-time staff. For each project, interns will receive basic training for any new skills the project requires, and all work will be supervised by the project lead. Interns are expected to attend internal professional development workshops and complete basic online coursework related to their projects. For interns, the advantage of an Aersys internship is flexibility. Interns can prioritize the projects and develop the skill-sets that most interest them.
- BUSINESS | Interns on a business track will work with the company's management in topics including supply chain management, investor management, customer development, strategic growth planning, lean manufacturing, and six sigma. To apply, you must complete your first year with an industrial engineering, business, or related major when the internship period begins. A strong grasp of financial accounting is ideal.
- MARKETING | Interns on a marketing track will create graphics and animations, generate ad campaigns, connect with social media influencers, and develop long-term marketing and public relations strategies. Some experience with graphic design and marketing is important for this track.
- SOFTWARE | Interns on a software track will work directly with our lead developers to build applications that add functionality to the Aersys delivery platform. Projects will cover topics such as Mobile and Web Application Development, Computer Vision, Internet of Things (IoT), and Industrial Robotics Applications. Software interns will become well-versed in several cutting-edge technologies. Strong experience with programming is necessary for this track and we will ask to see past projects.
- ENGINEERING | Interns on an engineering track will get hands-on experience in leading CAD applications as well as in 3D printing, machining, and rapid prototyping. Engineering interns are tasked with solving difficult problems under tight constraints so some experience is necessary. Projects will involve basic mechanical, electrical and mechatronics engineering skills and interns must be prepared to work with embedded processors, micro-controllers, circuit design and other hardware.
- Interns must be 18 years of age or older by June 3, 2018. We do make exceptions on a case by case basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Interns must be enrolled or plan to enroll full-time in an accredited four-year university.
- Interns must be able to commute to our office in Edison, New Jersey or New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Interns are expected to be on-site Mon-Fri from 10am to 6pm. Interns may not work remotely on a regular basis.
- Interns are expected to wear business formal attire for external business meetings and business casual attire at the office.
- Interns are expected to attend team meetings and internship meetings and keep records of what was discussed.
- Interns are expected to participate in professional development workshops and company-sponsored events.
- Interns are expected to meticulously document their work and must submit weekly progress reports.
- The internship involves some classroom-style coursework. Interns are expected to submit assignments on time to the instructor.
- Interns are expected to abide by all corporate policies.
- Other expectations may be discussed during the interview. All expectations will be reviewed during onboarding.
Benefits and Compensation:
- This is an unpaid internship and there should be no expectation of financial compensation. Interns may receive a small stipend at the end of the summer to cover expenses related to commute, but this is not guaranteed. If interns are required to travel for a business trip, we will cover all expenses.
- Interns will receive personalized coaching and professional development workshops to refine technical skills and improve vital soft skills.
- Interns will walk away with valuable real-world skills and experiences, as well as long-lasting resources to market themselves to other employers.
- Fill out the Aersys Summer Internship application (which can be accessed above) at your earliest convenience. If we like your application, we will contact you to schedule an interview in person or over a video call.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. If we do not contact you immediately, do not worry. We process many applications and will do our best to schedule interviews with as many applicants as possible. If your application is declined, we will notify you by email.
- The interview is the most important piece of the application process. This is your chance to show us who you are and how your skills and experience have helped prepare your for this internship.
- We will send out acceptance emails on a rolling basis. Please do not ask us about your application status. All confirmation emails will be sent out on April 8, 2019.
- If you have any questions during this process (other than about application status), do not hesitate to reach out. You can email email@example.com.
Here are the details for the Aersys 2019 Summer Internship Program. Please note that the information below is subject to change.
- Internship Period: June 3, 2019 - August 23, 2019
- Early Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2019, 11:59 pm
- Final Deadline to Apply: March 31, 2019, 11:59 pm
- Location: Edison, New Jersey or New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Program Type: Undergraduate Internship Program